Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to register my sony bueray dvd player so that I

Customer Question

I am trying to register my sony bueray dvd player so that I can watch Amazon movies, but it wont let me register it because of a previous account. This is model BDP-S390
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Blue ray DVD BDP-S390 I bought it about 3 yrs ago , not sure of exact date. have had no problems prior to this when I had Net flicks but have discontinued that and now have to register it with Amazon to play movies But Sony does not have that capacity to change accounts. Have already talked with 2 people from SONY TECH SUPPORT BY PHONE TO NO AVAIL.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on for about 3 days. My internet can connect with the device but the device will not allow me to re registerit
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am so frustrated by this whole process. It seems like such a simple thing to re register it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Could you please go into the setup menu on the sony and tell me what it shows as the current software (firmware) version there?