Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I just spent an hour with technician. He says I need a new

Customer Question

I just spent an hour with technician. He says I need a new Roku. Does he mean the box3 and the remote?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know model. It is a year and a half old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: hadn't used it in a while. Tried yesterday. All I got was medium sized letters ROKU floating on screen. Then I hit button and I got snow screen that says Happy Holidays. Then I tried again after new batteries and I got a large rectangle with ROku in the middle. That was it
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did put new batteries in remote
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

New Roku video device comes along with remote, however, you can use old Roku remote with new Roku device as well if remote control is still working. Please click following Roku link to choose desired Roku box..

https://www.roku.com/products

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.