Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a TEAC LP-R550 USB. As I was practicing a song for my

Customer Question

I have a TEAC LP-R550 USB. As I was practicing a song for my church this morning, I was using the CD player only on repeat. It played fine for about 5 times and then made a strange noise. I immediately tried to eject the CD since it was the only one I had. It took approximately 4 tries at pressing the open/close button when I was able to retrieve the CD unharmed. I thought I turned it off but when I arrived home it was showing Err 04. When I tried turning it off and back on it showed the Err 04 message again for a few minutes and then CLOSE flashing. I tried pushing CLOSE and it did not open or close the CD tray. I have only had this machine for about a year and never had a problem with it. Please tell me what I can do to rectify this problem. I really love the TEAC and it has a marvelous sound. The most I do with it is transfer tapes to CDs. I play my 33 1/3 albums on it as well.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: TEAC LP-R550 USB
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just once but I cannot get the CD to open/close. I troubled shot everything in my first contact with you.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 month ago.

Hi welcome to just answer

There might be two sets of problems here and they might be related.

We might have to use your ears to listen to some clues to the problems. If the system is on and you press open with your ears close to the system do you hear a motor running or grinding?