Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I am having problems with getting my sony bluray to connect

Customer Question

I am having problems with getting my sony bluray to connect to the internet so I can use NetFlix. It was working at one time, now it doesn't. No wires were disconnected or changed. I now get "physical connection: Failed and "Internet Access: Failed" as the connection results
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung LN32C350D1DXZA Like I said it was working. I was gone for a month or so and when I got back I could not longer connect to the internet or NetFlix
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked all the connections because of the Physical Connection: Failed but I can find nothing wrong
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I get my internet through a satellite
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You indicate your Sony Bluray cannot connect to netflix but you gave the model of a Sony TV. Is it actually the TV you use for netflix or a different bluray player?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You asked for the model of TV and i gave you the model of my Samsung TV. The Bluray player is a Sony BDP-S185. The TV is not internet compatible by itself so that is why i am using the Siny Bluray device
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the Bluray, so unplug it from the power socket.

Wait 10 minutes, connect the power and tell me if it now connects to Netflix please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I rebooted as you suggested. Unplugged the Bluray player for several hours. I tried to connect and got the same :Failed physical connection; Failed Internet connection
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

thanks

We will need to do a reset of the unit, to do this, go to settings, reset

Perform the reset then set it up again, connecting it to the internet like you did when you first set it up

Tell me if it then functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have done it three times which is what many on the Internet suggest is required . Did not help. I have read that i might have to upgrade the software in the Bluray player. Im not sure how to do that if I can't get on the Internet through the bluray player
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Thanks

That is the next step, please follow the steps on my link below to upgrade the firmware

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/599541

Follow options 2 (Create an Upgrade Disc:)

Let me know how you go oplease

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry i was scheduled to leave for an extended trip. I was trying to get Netflix operational for the house-sitter.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 days ago.

ok, were you able to through do my last instructions?