Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My cds are not changing, about 3 or 4 years old. Not sure of

Customer Question

my cds are not changing
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 3 or 4 years old. Not sure of the model, but it is the radio and 1 cd on ntop and 3 cd changer on the bottom
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we turned it on today for Christmas cds and they were still in the unit, so I guess it malfunctioned last year
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is the Wave
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is it the 3-CD changer that is not changing, or is jammed, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
it just reading discs and cycling thru each saying reading disc

Have the CDs been left in the player for a while?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Take all the CDs out, then. Blow any dust out of the tray(s) they are in, and if the slightest dust is on their readable surface (the lower surface of the CD), blow all that dust off and away from the device.

If dust was present, the failure to read *any* of the CDs might be owing to that dust, and might mean the player needs cleaning with a CD drive cleaning kit of this type (not to be confused with a CD cleaner, nor a CD repairer kit, those are more expensive):

http://www.kmart.com/fixity-dvd-cd-laser-lens-cleaner/p-018V006299282000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&gclid=CI2et9-4x9ACFYtLDQodtL8LnA&gclsrc=aw.ds

or

http://www.kmart.com/maxell-dvd-lc-dvd-lens-cleaner-190059/p-05737947000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&gclid=COLHv_q4x9ACFUhXDQodtSUOMA&gclsrc=aw.ds

If no dust is visible, the problem is something else, though. Does the CD changer and player and whole device work otherwise? please check all the other functions of that device, briefly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
everything works but the changer. Thanks I'll check for dust and go from there.

OK. In case you might need further advice, let me know what you find, and I'll advise further as appropriate, by and by. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The cd cleaner did not wotk and the cd's in tracks 2, 3 and 4 do not load. I get reading disc with a little clicking sound every 5 seconds or so and the after about a minute I get disc error.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that. It means the CD drive lens isn't the problem, but rather the drive is defective. A motor, a servo circuit reaction, or something else may be the problem.

Your Bose Wave will need repair-servicing - or replacement, as you see fit.

Do you need listings for servicing locations near you, that could take care of this problem? if so, please let me know your local zip code or town/city and state.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
27514
Raleigh, NC
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 days ago.

I am sorry to say that I could not locate any place that would definitely be able to help.

Bose Factory Service would be at this number: 1-***-***-****.

and, others that might - but might not - even be valid phone #s and addresses, that might be able to help (and it is from a questionable source) are these:

(Bose Factory Store)
Carolina Premium Outlets
1213 Industrial Park Drive
Smithfield, NC 27577(###) ###-####/p>

Bose Factory Store
Tanger Outlet Center*****br />Mebane, NC 27302(###) ###-####/p>

If these cannot help, let me know, please.