electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I have a Sanyo HEC-DR7750. It had been working great for

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Sanyo HEC-DR7750. It had been working great for many years. Then there must have been a power surge which blew the fuse. We replaced the fuse and the power turns on, the chair can recline and revert, but once we push a button for a massage setting, everything hangs. The screen does not display the proper settings and we cannot do anything further. It is almost like it needs a factory reset but we're not sure how to reboot. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years old. Sanyo HEC-DR7750
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It stopped about a year ago. We've contacted the dealer that sold it but they said the chair is no longer being made and there are no more parts available. We have not been able to find a technician that knows anything about these so very little troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing more
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 19 days ago.

Hi welcome to just answer.

I am sorry for the experience. The symptoms that you reporting point to a defective power supply. When the fuse fails, it would also take transformer and regulator circuit.

If you would like to go through the troubleshooting process, please let me know.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your response so far. I had already gone through the manual. However, with new fuse in place, power is getting to the remote control unit and elsewhere. I can recline and move feet unit up and down. But when I select a massage function, then the system freezes and shows me one of the diagnostic modes. There are two diagnostics showing. First is page 9, #3 with the 3 stiffness bars. Second is page 8, tapping. If the answer is that we need to replace the PCB, then I have already arrived at that potential conclusion. I am hoping for a way to repair that is less expensive and complicated.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
PS: the light on the sensor controller does not go on at all.
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 18 days ago.

You might already have the answer, the power surge is related to the problem. What I was hoping to do here was to troubleshoot the problem by using electrical measuring instruments. Do you have any of Them? Can you measure voltage across the massaging component that is not working?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi, unfortunately I have no experience in electronics and I have a volt meter but am certainly not familiar with how to use it.