Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Roku device from which we have been getting NetFlix

Customer Question

I have a Roku device from which we have been getting NetFlix plus a choice of other channels.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I believe it is a Model 42. About six months old.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last evening I could not get the device to connect to my WiFi. The WiFi is supplied by a local company and has been working on all of my computers without a problem. We have not used the Roku for over a month since we were away.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I was thinking about unplugging the Roku and starting over after entering the WiFi "Password" etc.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 18 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Please, do not create duplicate questions. The one you just created was closed. Please, respond on this page.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Arris 75D2

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not now. I am going to try a few things with the router and the Roku. I think that unplu/ING thing and darting from the beginning may work. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for responding. If you do need help, please let me know. I will be standing by.

- Jason