Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How to start. I have connected as per the instruction. HDMI

Customer Question

how to start. I have connected as per the instruction. HDMI connection. In the screen I see the Roku logo with multi language. I try to change it to English. Remote is not responding
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: LG
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought the Roku yesterday and trying to use it
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, This means the Roku remote is not "Paired" to the Roku. Please tell me which model Roku you bought here.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Is this a Roku STICK, or one of the boxes that connects using an HDMI cable?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have connect my Roku express to my LG TV directly thro HDMI. I was able to set up but I got an error message saying cant connect to network. I a have ATT universe DSL telephone and internet with DVR. Also I have Dish network.Computer OS: Windows 2000
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. Okay the remote is not paired so please follow these instructions.

1) Shut the TV off and unplug the power cord from the back of the Roku.

2) Remove the batteries from the Roku remote, and then carefully check the orientation of them (+/_) and reinsert them.

3) Plug the power cord back into the Roku and turn the TV on.

The remote should then re "Pair" to the Roku and you should be able to navigate.

Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.