Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have trouble with a Samsung TV recorder, type BD-E

Customer Question

I have trouble with a Samsung TV recorder, type BD-E 6500m/xu. The picture ,every now and then, breaks up and switches off. This is usually reploced by a statement that connections had to be checked. This has no result, but after time, sometimes an hour or two, the picture can be refound ; until it disappears again.
The aerial man checked my aerial and found the strength to be OK.
I did have contact with you some weeks ago , and you suggested the connecting cables were faulty.
I have changed the cables several times, to no effect, including brand new HDMI cables.
Before I have to buy a new Recorder, do you think that this one can be corrected ?
Bruce Ashwell
Cardyke House *****,
Baston.
PE6 9PB
0035 a.m. ( if you do reply soon. I might still be up , but don`t hurry ; I am almost used to not having the machine !
***@******.***
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Hi Bruce and welcome back to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the recvorder and the TV.