Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have trouble with a Samsung TV recorder, type BD-E

Customer Question

I have trouble with a Samsung TV recorder, type BD-E 6500m/xu. The picture ,every now and then, breaks up and switches off. This is usually reploced by a statement that connections had to be checked. This has no result, but after time, sometimes an hour or two, the picture can be refound ; until it disappears again.
The aerial man checked my aerial and found the strength to be OK.
I did have contact with you some weeks ago , and you suggested the connecting cables were faulty.
I have changed the cables several times, to no effect, including brand new HDMI cables.
Before I have to buy a new Recorder, do you think that this one can be corrected ?
Bruce Ashwell
Cardyke House *****,
Baston.
PE6 9PB
0035 a.m. ( if you do reply soon. I might still be up , but don`t hurry ; I am almost used to not having the machine !
***@******.***
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bruce and welcome back to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the recvorder and the TV.