Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Last night while using stick it began to reload continuously

Customer Question

Last night while using stick it began to reload continuously and then began to kick back to the Roku main page while searching for movie or reloading movie....why...does the stick need reset or recharged somehow
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 3600RW
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: was watching movie on pureflix last night with nothing happening and had watched previously with no incident and halfway thought second movie it began to reload and finally started to kick back to the main screen
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried to sticks one that had been setting and not being used and the one on the TV and both are acting the same...that is why I am asking about the charging
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

In addition to the hdmi plug, are you connecting the stick to the tv via a usb cable, or to a separate power outlet?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

This was not a yes or no question, which are you using?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
seperate power outlet
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

OKay that indicates a firmware glitch or a hardware fault in the roku.

Unplug both the hdmi and the power connections, leave disconnected for a few minutes, then replug and let me know if the roku comes back up for you at that point.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Roku comes back up but the movies on the purflix app continue to stop and upload...my TV has no usb port...I have been doing what you have asked last night and this morning...I left the stick out of the HDMI port all night...I have changed one stick for another since I have two and both do the same thing
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

If the problem happens only on pureflix, that is an app specific or server issues, not a roku hardware issue.

Can you test if other apps are working?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I use an AT&T wi-fi unit as a source of power and it does not work on Amazon...Youtube...Freeflix and on and on
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Wifi is the internet signal source, not a power source.

Can you go into the roku settings and look for the software update function, it may simply need an update, or there may be a problem with your wifi signal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I know that I just didn't know how to send it to you
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Okay go ahead and check for the software update, please.

If possible moving the router closer, or testing the roku on another tv that is closer to the router would be helpful too

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will check about the settings and updates...I have tried stick on two TV's and the wi-fi source set directly under TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

OKay well at this point it can only be an internet speed issue or a roku software issue then, chances of 2 hardware components failing is very little.

Unplug power to your router for a few minutes to reset it as well.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
will do and I will get back with you...thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

You're welcome

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.