Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

I just purchased a new Panasonic VHS-DVD recorder-Player

Customer Question

I just purchased a new Panasonic VHS-DVD recorder-Player which plugs into a TV set. I would like to know what TV type I should buy. I need a 28" to fit my cabinet. Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model No DMR-EZ485V & DMR-EZ48V. I just received delivery on 11/08/2016.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It will not recognize my TV, probably because its 18 years old. It did work on my older Panasonic recorder but will not work with the one I just received.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The question in this case is, I think, What ports does the new TV have to have?

(And also: does the 18 year-old TV not recognize the new Panasonic, in what way? and through what port is it connected?)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't know what port as I am not a Tech!!! The new Panasonic does not, cannot send the channels from automatic to the TV and a flag comes up no channels. I tried a few different ways to get in but NO SOAP!!!

Problem sending channels... that's odd.

Did you hook up the new DVD player according to a diagram provided with it?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
All I want to know is what should I look for in a new TV?????
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I need a new TV in any case as the one thats in my cabinet is old!!!

One that works with your current TV service, and one that has a port compatible with the outputs of your new DVD player, of course.

That means almost any new TV, really, most likely.

Since I don't know how the current hookup is failing, in what respect, I cannot be more specific, I'm sorry to say.

Perhaps another Expert could answer your question better. To give you that chance, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK! I am 92 yrs old & have trouble hearing on the phone, thats why I need the Emails.
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Hello , I`m Jack , different tech. here

Please give me 5 minutes or so to lookup specs on your unit and possible new tv models.

Do you have bestbuy in your area and possibly walmart ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
also Amazon as I cannot drive so I am home bound & need on-line services. Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

No problem then let me check this out

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for waiting

First about your dvd/vcr

This one came with a HDMI cable which is the best and easiest connection to make , just look at the back of it and you will see the HDMI port where it will plug in .

Then here are two 28" tv models on amazon that will be perfect for it , both have HDMI inputs and the same there , you cant miss the HDMI port , it is well indicated so this would be a single cable connection for both best picture and sound

Here are those amazon links , just click on them ;

Samsung 28" ; https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN28H4000-28-Inch-720p-Model/dp/B00I7JZNIU

LG 28" ; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W95RQW4?tag=price475-20&ascsubtag=184393430&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help like setting this up once you got your new tv .

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Sorry about the LG model , there was an error in the link , let me correct this

Expert:  Jack replied 15 days ago.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .