Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My dmr ez48vk is frozen even after I tried all the trouble

Customer Question

my dmr ez48vk is frozen even after I tried all the trouble shooting steps on pages 81 thru 90 in the operating instruction manual
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a panasonic dvd/vhr combo recorder & player purchased in 2009 and repaired/replaced by your authorized service in2010 & 2014. p;\lease refer to case # ***** & # 31650443.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it happened this morning when a disk I have used to copy a program jammed after partially accomplishing 30% of the task. the machine instructed me to press OK for self diagnostic & repair. after proceeding the disk could not be ejected and the machine has entered an endless loop of 6 OOOOOO zeros as shown on pp. 79 & 80. The window on the player also displayed increasing number which have currenly reached 10:22 followed by the letter H or A.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I repeater all the troubleshooting steps in the catalog multiple times and it keeps coming back to the same endless circuit
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 21 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Expert:  Louie replied 21 days ago.

Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time?