Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

THANK you. My Roku 1 was working perfectly until (I think)

Customer Question

THANK you. ***** 1 was working perfectly until (I think) the DSH receiver was replaced.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's the Model 1. It was purchased this summer.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The DISH receiver was replaced. All the connections seems to be the same as before and we are getting TV okay. The ROKU lights up and blinks when I press the remote but I don't get the home screen.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Please double check that Input the Roku is plugged into on the TV (also is it using red,white and yellow RCA jacks, or an HDMI cord?).

Additionally, what Input is SELECTED on the TV using the TV remote?

Let me know some details so I can help you.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Since I'm not there, and don't want to make assumptions on connections, it would help if you could tell me the following:

1) Which model Roku do you have and what cabling is used to connect it to the TV?

2) Look at the back of the TV to where the Roku connects, and tell me the name of the jacks (they are labeled either "HDMI 1", "HDMI 2", "Video 1", etc.).

3) What TV do you have here? What is the model number off of the back of it (so I can look up the Inputs)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. The neighbor came over and fixed it and it's working fine.
Please charge me the advertised $5.99 or whatever it is.
George Jamieson
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, site layout, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***