Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My roku 3 box was working fine, today it says no signal

Customer Question

My roku 3 box was working fine, today it says no signal while trying to watch football. i unplugged everything power and hdmi cable and reconnected still nothing?/?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: It's a Vizio. Had no problem previously until today??
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Switched on for NFL Sunday ticket and it said no signal, watched last weekend and Monday night
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just hurry thank you
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, No Signal means the TV has completely lost all signal from the Roku, which can happen due to an HDMI cable that has failed (which they can do without warning), the Roku HDMI out failing or the TV's HDMI ports failing.

That said, have you tried:

1) Checking to make sure you selected the correct HDMI INPUT on the Vizio (using the INPUT button on it's remote)?

2) Tried the other HDMI ports and selecting them respectively on the Vizio?

3) Purchasing another HDMI cable?

Those are the first steps you should try, as this is the basic troubleshooting protocol anytime an HDMI signal drops and you're left with a "No Signal" message.

Beyond that, I will need you to TEST another HDMI source (such as a Blu Ray player, Cable Box, etc.) on the Vizio, OR try the Roku on another TV to isolate the root cause.

In the case you find it's the TV and none of the HDMI ports work (even with a different cable) then this rules that the Vizio set's HDMI processing on the Mainboard has failed which requires replacement of that part.

In that case, that is also something I can help you with, but I wold need the age and the full model number off of the back of the Vizio to proceed on that end.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please review my reply and try those steps if you have not already. If you need clarification on anything, simply send a REPLY back on this page ( I do not use the phone call feature) and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.