Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Rx-dt690 cd player makes a click sound then no disc displays

Customer Question

Rx-dt690 cd player makes a click sound then no disc displays even if it has a disc loaded. will not power on - spin?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hello Richie,

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.