Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have a panasonic dmr-bct750eg blu-ray disc recoder how do

Customer Question

i have a panasonic dmr-bct750eg blu-ray disc recoder how do i get it to play any dvd in other words i wantto make it region free
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: dmr- bct750eg
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: from i bought two months a go
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to make it region free
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Honestly, there isn't anything you can do in this case. The problem here is that the player is designed for and locked to a specific region while you're attempting to play a disc from another region. These region codes were set up by the movie studios to help prevent piracy, and there is no easy way around them. While you may see some “hacks” online, they are not applicable to all models, as most do not have the ability to be overridden by a software adjustment, including yours.

This region coding protocol is physically built into the hardware (chips on the control board) of the player, and changing it would require physical modifications to the player (swapping out chips) that would void the warranty and often permanently damage the player.

Your best options are to re-purchase the discs you want to play in your country with the proper region code, or buy a purpose made region-free player that does not have this hardware restriction.

I'm sorry there isn't a more optimistic answer here, it's simply a design limitation of the player.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the answer,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.