Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have a dsb872wr streaming device. Can't get netflix.

Customer Question

I have a dsb872wr streaming device. Can't get netflix. Netflix says my streamer needs to get upgraded and also mentioned "firmware"updates.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: google
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging everything and waiting.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Seems the only problem is not being able to get netflix.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me the serial?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Different expert here, your question was mistakenly routed to the email category before, please pardon the erroneous reply previously.

Unfortunately it is not possible to resolve this issue. This is a 2012 model streaming device, and as with all RCA products it is very poorly supported. They discontinued all support for this product years ago, there is no update available for it and there will be no future updates for it. This device is considered past its service life at this point and there is no way to bring it up to date. You could keep using it for the features that may still work, but netflix is no longer available for this model.

Your best option at this point would be to replace the RCA unit. You can spend $30-800 on a roku, fire tv, or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and better long term support.

My apologies for the news. I wish there were a more optimistic answer here, however RCA is simply not supporting this device, which is common with these low quality/generic products.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,