Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Just bought a Sylvania portable disc player. Got one disc to

Customer Question

just bought a Sylvania portable disc player. Got one disc to play but now getting No Disc error. How do I fix this ?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: SDVD1030-B. Just bought it today. Had trouble getting the first disc to play and it somehow started. Now nothing
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had a hard time following the directions for setup. I have on,y had the thing plugged in for 3 hours
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand the unit not playing a disc is either a faulty disc itself, or your new Sylvania player has failed very prematurely (which is not uncommon as Sylvania is not know for reliable products these days since they were bought out).

I need to know, What specific disc is it you're trying to play? Is it an original or a burned copy? Is it new or used?

Does the disc you previously played with no problem work now if you try it as a TEST?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please read my reply and postback to proceed.