crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

My roku comes on the tv, but the remote will not work..I

Customer Question

my roku comes on the tv, but the remote will not work..I have put new batters in and it won't do anything
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: sony flat screen...the roku has been working fine on the tv until last night
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started yesterday, I came in from work and it wouldn't work , the roku screen comes up on the tv, but the remote will not do a thing...do I need to replace the remote
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

It is possible that your remote is not paired anymore with your Roku device.

Unplug the power supply from your Roku player. Press and hold the A and B button on the Roku remote (or the Home and Down buttons, if your remote does not have A & B buttons) and then press the pairing button on the remote while still holding down the A and B buttons. The remote pairing LED should flash.

If that does not work, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not work...there is no light on my remote

The light is under the A/B buttons. The little LED would flash after following the steps -- Try again and check that LED. If that does not work, please try this:

Prepare your Roku player to pair by unplugging the power adapter and plugging it back in.

Open the Roku remote battery compartment

Place the Roku remote in close proximity with your Roku player.

Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment for 3 seconds. Wait about 10 seconds for the remote LED to stop flashing. Try using the Roku remote again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Working...thanks

Awesome!

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.