Infotech Anthony
Infotech Anthony, Technician
Experience:  Many Years experience players and recorders in all formats
18621325

Problem with DVD model DMR_XW300. I accidently set timer

Customer Question

Problem with DVD model DMR_XW300. I accidently set timer recording on a channel that reports No video found. The timer recording symbol remain and is causing problems when I try to record another channel. I have tried to delete the incorrect setting but when I access the function menu I am able to get to timer recording list. the only tab that actually opens timer recording which wont allow the delete function 'cannot delete time recording is in progress" . when i select all other tabs including set up , nothing happens and it exits the function menu and defaults back to the tv picture
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Infotech Anthony replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

The root cause is the firmware has gone bad, the firmware controls all the electronics, there is an firmware upgrade available here

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dvd/download/xw300/index.html <<click

As a workaround you could reset the unit to factory default\reset in the settings menu usually termed factory default\reset or shipping reset that will get you out of the situation however you will lose all your settings.

Let me know if you need more help please

A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** top of the page thanks again, this will allow the site to release credit to me

Anthony

do you need any more help please?