Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have a CDR785BK The CD Recorder drawer will not open. The

Customer Question

I have a CDR785BK
The CD Recorder drawer will not open. The light is blue. I've tried turning the unit off. Unpluged it. Nothing helps. There is a blank disc inside.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?