Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Roku said it cannot connect to the internet, even my

Customer Question

Roku said it cannot connect to the internet, even my computer signal is excellent. What now?
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new, Yesterday. Roku 4 ( 4K Ultra HD compatible)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: SKU # 4400R
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: LOT#5200144543 Device ID 4U965H625236
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

How far away from your router is your Roku?

Also what's the brand and model of the router?

How many other devices are connected to the router at this time?

What internet speed do you pay for?

All of these questions are relevant in solving this issue. Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
20 feet
Roku 4 4K Ultra HD
None
?? High enough, I have wifi
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. Also I asked for the brand and model of your ROUTER, not our Roku. Simply because you have wi fi does not mean anything. You can connect on the computer with as little as 5 mbps. To stream video, you need a minimum of 20 mbps. So there's a good chance that you simply do not have enough internet speed to connect to the Roku. However if you'd like to try again, then unplug the Roku 4 from power for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then press and hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute and then try to run through the setup again and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. Also I asked for the brand and model of your ROUTER, not your Roku. Also simply because you have wi fi does not mean anything. You can connect on the computer with as little as 5 mbps. To stream video, you need a minimum of 20 mbps. So there's a good chance that you simply do not have enough internet speed to connect to the Roku. However if you'd like to try again, then unplug the Roku 4 from power for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then press and hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute and then try to run through the setup again and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.