Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have an error code on my DMR-ES46V dvd Recorder U61 it

Customer Question

I have an error code on my DMR-ES46V dvd Recorder U61 it dosent go away.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic DVD recorder model#DMR-ES46V
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For A YEAR OR MORE I had it put away in storage I looked in the book press enter if it dosent change refer to product service section. but it dosent tell you any think .
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Iam waiting to talk to some one.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

That is an error code, which happens when the firmware is corrupted or a hardware defect (bad video board).

If no change, that points to a hardware fault, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2006 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This unit is well past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs of these systems are not feasible, there are no parts available and repairs would cost more than replacement would. Your best recourse at this point would be to buy a new system. Should it come to that, I can recommend options for you.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 30 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No I would like a refund lam trashing my panasonic recorder I ordered a new one.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I trashed my panasonic dvd recorder and brought a new one l would like a refund of my 19
Dollars. It has to be something lateralI had already paid panasonic 38 dollars. Please refund my 19 dollars thank you.