Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My vcr plays for a few seconds and then it stops. i push

Customer Question

my vcr plays for a few seconds and then it stops. i push play again and it keeps stopping
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony VCR.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry it's PDR-vx560
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Appreciate the post back; might it perhaps be a Sony RDR-VX560 ?

Even with the description of "...plays for a few seconds and then it stops...", would the VCR still Rewind and Fast Forward?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it fast forwards and rewinds
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

A last test; load a VHS tape, press PLAY and immediately press PAUSE. Will the VCR still go to AUTO-STOP?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it pauses and plays slow
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

I made a quick review of the repair/Service Manual and the described symptom would be indicative of an internal hardware issue. It would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, mechanical checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no i can't do that thnx but not satisfied with response. will i get money back
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

Refunds and other billing & payment concerns are best addressed by Customer Service. Please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.