Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I want to cancel my account as I am not happy with Roku

Customer Question

I want to cancel my account as I am not happy with Roku nothing but problems.
JA: What's the make/model number of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Roku 1 streaming stick 3600 RW
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Haven't had for two weeks yet
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Can he help me cancel this account?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

To clarify, this is a paid tech support service.

It is not possible for anyone here to change/cancel or otherwise access your roku account. In fact, a roku account is not a paid subscription service even, so no cancellation of any type would be necessary even if you stopped using the roku.

I can probably help you get the roku working again though, if you can tell me a bit more about the problem you are having with it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No and I don't want to be charged for telling me they can't help me with cancellation only tech problems.. I don't have tech problems they have been taken care of , I returned the Roku 1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is a paid support service, you have already paid the agreed upon fee to this site to talk with me.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

As I was saying earlier, it is not possible for anyone else to cancel your account, you are the only one that can access your account.

It is very simple for you to do so yourself though,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Just click on this link:

that will open your roku account page from your computer,

sign in to your account when prompted,

then click on the link once more if necessary, and it will take you to the account deactivation page.

click on Continue, and it will ask for a confirmation that you really want to close your account, and then the process is complete.

Your account is deleted, all payment info cleared, etc. You wouldn't get any further roku charges at that point.

Note that if you signed up for any paid streaming services though, like netflix or hulu for example, those are handled through those sites individually, cancelling roku will not stop charges to specific apps.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.