GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

Need my pin number inorder to add channel. How do I retrieve

Customer Question

Need my pin number inorder to add channel. How do I retrieve my pin number?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Are we talking about a tv here ?

If so , do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
serial number 40FS3750TGAA
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your response depends on my starting free trial?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry , was out for a minute ,not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions; 1.***-***-****

Now about your tv ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have buckeye cable internet. It is wireless box. TV directly plugged into wall outlet.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

This is also a Roku tv

Are you talking about tv channels or Roku apps ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

If you have a cable box then there is no adding channels to be done here , the cable box is the one that receives the channels , not the tv

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have cable, just internet connection. I wanted to add SLING to the channel listing and was asked for Roku pin number.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then i will opt out and repost your question , i`m Roku stupid :)

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi Fadia. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will be happy to help.

To create or edit a PIN in your Roku account:

1. Log into your Roku account at (Forgot your Roku account password? Click here)
  2. Under "PIN Preference", click "Update".
  3. Create or edit your PIN.
  4. Select a preference for PIN behavior.
  5. Click "Save Changes".
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really need the information as soon as possible. Roku pin number is ***** I need!!!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

No, it doesn't. The free trial should be optional. All of the offers for additional services (other than the one that I sent for the $5 phone call, are automated and are not sent by me. You shoudl be able to decline the free trial if you want to, and continue with the question.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I apologize profusely for the length of time between replies from me. I have been ill the last couple of days and apparently no one else picked up your question. A $5 phone call is my way of aplogizing for the wait as the are normally priced at $20- $26).