Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a Toshiba Combo player, the SE-RO295. I have used

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Combo player, the SE-RO295. I have used this model many times successfully to transfer an old VHS movie to a DVD. Now I'm having a problem. I like to record on SP for better quality. But 2 discs are required to get through a 2 hour VHS movie. The first disc goes to the end then automatically "writes to" and then "finalizes" and the copied DVD plays fine. But when I put the second DVD in to tape the rest of the movie, it goes to the end and "writes to" but does not finalize and this disc, the 2nd, will not play. It is something simple but I can't figure it out. What am I doing wrong? Thank-you for any reply.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Please read the above writing I did. It is a Toshiba SE-RO295 combo player. It is maybe 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just since last night. I lost the owner's manual last time I moved. I tried to get a download to get the owner's manual but was unsuccessful.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, it is something very simple I just can't recall. Thank-you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Take a look in your menu, you will find the finalize command in there. It is used to manually finalize the disc in case the machine decides not to do it automatically. Let me know if you have trouble finding the menu item.