Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I have a Panasonic HDD Recorder model DMR-HW220 and I used

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic HDD Recorder model DMR-HW220 and I used to be able to record 2 programs at once and watch another at the same time. Now, however, I find I can only watch one or other of the programs I am recording. What have I done wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The unit is still the same. I can only switch to the channels I am recording.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

What happens when you try to switch to another program?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just goes to either of the 2 programs i'm recording.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I just checked and this is normal, when recording two channels you can only switch between the two, as it only has two tuners.

You can see this page 27 of the manual here

You can switch when recording one, but not two.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before I disconnected it all about 6 weeks ago to move it to a new location I could record 2 different channels and watch a 3rd at the same time. It was one of the sales features when I first purchased it .I'll have to sign off now as I'm going out to dinner but I'll get back to you on Monday, as I presume you won't be working tomorrow Saturday. Thanks for your help thus far.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but it only has two tuners, and you can also see in the specifications I provided it only allows for 2 recordings, then you cannot switch to a third station...

Possibly your thinking about another recorder or watching direct on the TV's connection, not the recorder.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

But I will mark this question to remain open so at any time if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you