electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I haven't used my RCA MP3 player in quite a long time. I

Customer Question

I haven't used my RCA MP3 player in quite a long time. I connected it to my computer and the blue light went on briefly. Unfortunately, I had to turn off the computer, and when I restarted it again, with the player still attached, nothing happened. I took the cable out and reinserted it. I took the cable off the player and reconnected it, and nothing happened. There is something on the back that says lock with an arrow, but when I slide it, nothing happens. Is there a battery I need to change?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I'm not using a TV. I'm connecting the MP3 player to my desk top.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said, just disconnecting the player, reconnecting it. I have held down the power/menu botton for more than ten seconds, and I have tried to see if the back opens in order to check for a battery.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't what else to say.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to just answer. I will be assist you today. Do you happen to have the model of the MP3 player? What computer are you connecting the player to?

Is the computer windows based or Mac?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model number is ***** M4204-A The computer is Windows based PC
Thanks for the info. Would you go to Windows device manager and check the usb devices that are connected to the computer and let me know if Windows see it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I connect the cable attached to the MP3 player to the USB port, the device manager recognizes the cable, but not the MP3 player.

Thanks for the update. If you go to my computer do you see a storage device ?

Do you have RCA easy rip software installed on your computer? Did you delete it from the Player?

Please go ahead and download it on this link

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/audio/mp3players/?m=N&sku=M4204

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it's useless. I downloaded the easyrip software but the player seems to be dead. There was no response.

Ok, one other thing I think we might need to check is the ability of the battery to hold charge.

If you have charged the player for many hrs and it does not hold charge, we might have to replace the battery.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I replace the battery?