Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have had a probmatic week.First my set top boc died. It

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have had a probmatic week.First my set top boc died. It had twin tuners hi def & HDD.I am waiting on some money to upgrade my oldorion widescreen analogue TV. So I was using composite leads from the set top box. So I thought Iwould teplace the set top box with a panasonic blueray with twin tuner & HDD. I got one of the guys to see if they had any with composite out. They found one & when I got home I learned that it was inputs. So off to jaycar for a conversion box. Here is my problem when you first turn on the blueray for the first time it asks you to select Aus or NZ. Before I got the conversion box because I had already turned it on & was randomly hitting buttons with no signal on the TV I think I have jumped past the region setting. Now with the box I get all menus blueray playback but when I try to auto tune it it can't pick up any channels. It comes up with check aireal or region. I know the aireal is set up OK. How could I get back to the initial region (Aus or NZ) menu display. Sorry for the long question.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

If you use the panasonic player remote, and go into the settings menu, you should see a Factory Reset (restore defaults) option, select that, and it will take you back to the guided setup again where you can choose the region.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your input but when I selected region I still had no signal. Tested aerial on another TV & it works. Is it possible for a refund. This would be the first positive thing to come out of this experience.
Kind regards Garry.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to return the box for a refund, if that is what you are asking, yes.

If you can tell me more about the issue though, such as the model of the box and what converter you are using, I can probably help you to resolve this.