Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My dvd will not open

Customer Question

my dvd will not open
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do remote tech support on a DVD player- that service is only for internet problems.

Now, on your DVD player, I need to know:

1) The Brand and Model of the DVD player.

2) Roughly how old it is and when the problem occurred?

3) What happens when you press and hold the Eject button for 5 seconds?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. Please reply back to the info requested here to proceed with me on this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this came with my t
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi Dolores. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. Please look to see if there is a tiny hole on the front of the dvd tray. If so, please take a paper clip and bend it so that you can insert one end into the hole, and gently press. This should open the dvd tray.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem, please reply with the brand and model of the dvd player or the device that it is in, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Dolores, I just tried to phone you. I got an answering machine and a message that said the box is full and cannot accept any more messages. Can you tell me please when it would be a good time to try again?