Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a bose mini with the protective case - it fell out of

Customer Question

i have a bose mini with the protective case - it fell out of the golf cart and now no sound comes out - all the lights are working and it connects to blue tooth - is she a goner?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Which version of the MINI do you have the original, or the series II?

2) Roughly how old is the unit please?

3) If you raise the volume up all of the way, is there any buzz or static coming from the speaker (if you put your ear up to it)?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just says sound link mini
2 - 3 years old
full volume no noise
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. If you try hard-connecting an 1/8" stereo patch cable and setting the system to Aux (using the head phone out of your phone), is there still no sound (this is simply a test)?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you don't have an AUX cable, please press and hold the Bluetooth button on the MINI for 10 seconds and let me know if you hear a tone.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no cable held blue tooth for ten seconds - no sound just a flashing blue light
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay if there's no sound (the beep tone should be heard when clearing the bluetooth settings), then this means the internal amplifier has either been damaged, the speaker driver itself has been damaged, or the physical connection to the speaker driver has broken off. There are no pushbutton fixes for this, and the unit will require repairs or replacement in order to fix the issue.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
all set thx
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.