electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.

I have a Paramax sound system that was great. But now it has

Customer Question

I have a Paramax sound system that was great. But now it has lost power, I checked the fuse and the on off switch. Changed batteries in the remote. Any other suggestions?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just researched the problem as far as I could today, but the power may have quit a couple of weeks ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked fuse, made sure on off was on and changed power sources
JA: The video expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I changed the batteries in the remote, but there is now light on the face of the unit.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 2 months ago.
Welcome to just answer.
What is the exact model of the system?
Do you happen to have electrical measuring instruments? I would like to perform some tests using ohmmeter and voltmeter.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think it's a 509. But unfortunately I have to go to work and will be unable to do anything for a week or so. I did check the fuse with a volt meter and battery. Not sure if power is getting to the switch.

You need to set the meter to measure resistance and measure across the pins ofor power plugeneration whole the system is off and disconnected from power.

We would like to see if the power transformer has continuity. I think the power transformer is the problem or the rectifier circuit need diodes replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I'll try that. I'll need more info on where to check.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also it may be a week or so before I can do it.

Disconnect the power plug and measure across the hot and neutral pins with meter set at 200 ohm scale.