Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a panasonic DMR-EH67 showing error code FV7. This

Customer Question

I have a panasonic DMR-EH67 showing error code FV7. This machine had a power supply failure. I swapped the power supply PCB from a model DMR-EH58 machine and it now powers up but with this error and won't allow the DVD drive to be opened/closed. Thanks, Barry
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It occurred the first time I powered it up with the new power supply board
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Looked through the manual but it doesn't show that code and I can't get the machine to operate to try anything else
JA: The video expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, I don't have any other info at this time thanks
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, do the boards have the same part numbers? ...appear to be identical?

Have you verified the pinouts of the connectors?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. my main question was what does error code FV7 indicate? The manual states that a technician will know what it is.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi again Barry and appreciate the post back.

Even the Service Manuals does not list an error code FV7 hence the above / initial post.

It would seem that even if the power supply may look identical, the pinout particularly of the 15-pin connector is NOT the same.

Offhand, it would appear that a modification is required to match the DMR-EH58's PSU to the DMR-EH67 main board.