Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday

I recently had to order a replacement remote for my BDK33KU

Customer Question

I recently had to order a replacement remote for my BDK33KU BluRay player; ordered an SE-R0418 which was pictured in the owners manual. Instead, I received a RC-017 remote. Is it compatible with my BDK33KU?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

The RC017is totally out , that is for a vizio tv , does it say vizio on the remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

This is your remote ;

Return that one and get the one at that link instead or have them send you the correct remote

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Actually there are a few versions of RC-017 but in any case I don`t see any of them working for your Toshiba dvd , did you try it ?

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

you opened another post and if i reply to you there you will get charged again.

Send me a reply here PLEASE

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Sent you a reply on the other post as I could not close it as duplicate , just rate one of the two posts and we`ll have the other one refunded so you wont get charged twice for the same question and NO you wont get charged again by using the link I gave you .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I find it somewhat disturbing that Toshiba did not include some sort of notice as to why there was such a difference between the model number of the remote that I ordered (which was shown in the owners manual) and the model that was shipped to me. Seems to me that I shouldn't have to pay $26.00 to get an answer to their idiosyncrasy.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm hopeful this situation has been resolved. After I did a little detective work, I learned that I purchased the remote through Amazon. I called them, have sent the incorrect remote back to them and already have my
refund. It proved out to be that the literature describing the RC-017 remote that was sent to me DID NOT match the unit in the package.
I've ordered the 'correct' RE-0418 from the link you sent. Thank you.
Now all I'm waiting for is to evaluate my dealing with you so that you can get paid.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

No problem but if you ordered from the link i gave you then you DO have the CORRECT remote now.

Looks like there was a SNAFU at amazon , just about anybody can resell there.

Cheers ***** ***** your new ORIGINAL remote