Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I cannot get my Roku 3 to interface with the internet, I got

Customer Question

I cannot get my Roku 3 to interface with the internet, I got checks on wireless and local network. Two days ago I contacted you about problem. It was solved; I also signed up for 360 Total Security. Got Comcast, my provider, to verify a good signal into the house modem, however, the same problem occurred when attempting to access Netflex.
Appreciate your help,
Norm
*************
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  James Gilmer replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you. My name is Jamie.

I would first do a soft reset on your Roku3

From your remote follow these steps.

• Home 5 times
  • Up 1 time
  • Rewind 2 times
  • Fast Forward 2 times

If that doesn't work I would then do the hard reset. A hard reset will clear all settings from the device and reset it to factory defaults.

Via Menu

If a soft reset doesn’t fix your problem, a hard reset may be your only option. This will clear all data off the Roku and reset it to factory default settings.

From the Home screen, select the following depending on your device:

• Settings” > “System” > “Advanced system settings” > “Factory reset“.
  • Settings” > “Factory reset” > “Factory reset” > “Yes“.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James,
I tried what you suggested and it did not work. The TV, a Sony Bravia had a different sequence to reset to factory settings which I followed with no luck. Perhaps the IP sink is wrong or the cable between the Roku and TV is wrong (I used the old one from the original Roku setup).
Hope you can come up additional suggestions.
Norm

Does your roku3 show what ip address it obtained from your router?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James,
The only number I found was a wireless MAC address: B8:A1:75:37:F6:79. This may be of help.
Norm

Above Wireless MAC you should see the ip address. If you don't have one there that means your Roku is not grabbing an ip from your router. You mentioned having an ethernet connection as well. With the ethernet plugged up directly to your internet router, do you see an ip address then ???

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James,
I don't have an ethernet to hook into. My 360 Total Security program support also looked at the problem. Last night they solved it; I now get Roku. If possible, apply my $21 as a credit to a future question for Just Answer.
Thanks,
Norm

Glad you got it fixed.