Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert

I have a Olympus V in 7200 digital recorder that needs

Customer Question

I have a Olympus V in 7200 digital recorder that needs repaired. Where can I get this done around Dallas Texas?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What type of repair needs to be done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure it just will not turn on. I had it on briefly the other day but it powered down again. I had left the batteries in too long at one point and there was some corrosion. I cleaned it out and like I said came on briefly but now will not power up at all. Just wondered if you could fix it
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

It can be fixed, but since it's in the battery department, it will need to be sent to the factory. With micro electronics, they aren't repaired at just any facility, they need to go to the factory. They are small enough to ship, and it's cost effective for the company to have fewer repair locations. They are in PA, NJ and CT. You'll need to call them to get an RA number, and shipping instructions. Call(###) ###-#### M-F, 9:00am to 9:00pm ET.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already spoke with them. I was just looking for someone around Dallas. Guess this didn't do me much good. Was I charged a full $48 for this?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

I don't handle the billing, I just tell people how to, or where to fix their electronics. This isn't something that can be done at home since there was corrosion. You may get lucky, and get someone to take a look at it, here are a few shops in Dallas.

Audio Electronics Dallas

4.1 (11) · Electronics Repair Shop

*****/p>(###) ###-####/p>

Atlas Electronics, Inc.

4.4 (59) · Electronics Repair Shop

*****/p>(###) ###-####/p>

Amni Electronics, Inc

4.9 (44) · Electronics Repair Shop

11722 Marsh Ln

(###) ###-####/p>

These are respected shops. Give them a call, tell me if you have any luck.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, these were TV and stereo repair centers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks anyway