Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Rowe ami compact disc the CD are not loading does

Customer Question

I have a Rowe ami compact disc the CD are not loading does there have to be a certain amount of CD in the jukebox for it to work
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It's been a while since I plugged it in I just decided to use it again it started to load but there was no CD in that pitcular spot
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried unplugging and plugging it back that's about it
JA: The video expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes I have no clue what I'm doing lol
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There do not have to be a multiple number of CDs in the jukebox, for it to work. It should work with even only one, provided that one CD is selected to play back.

It sounds as if the jukebox tried to load a CD. Did you tell it to do so? or is it loading one particular CD a default behavior upon turning it On?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One particular CD when I plugged it in

Then presumably a CD needs to be present in that slot.

Or the default behavior or configuration for loading a CD from that particular slot on power-On, needs to be changed.

What do you think?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I put one in that slot now and still isn't working

If that slot is now filled, then what happens now, when the Rowe jukebox is turned On?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nothing I push the number and it doesn't load

Does the mechanism make an effort to load the CD? look into the jukebox, listen carefully to its workings, please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wish I could but I only had 20. In my account sorry I thought I would just take a chance on this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't hear anything but there's red a solid red light on for rowlink response and one blinking the board light and scan transfer are off

I'm sorry I couldn't help, for whatever reason.

(The CD player may have a problem with its selector arm, or selector circuitry, depending upon what year it is, how old it is, etc.)

I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts, with apologies.