Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Panasonic sa-en7 and the cd player is saying "no

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic sa-en7 and the cd player is saying "no disc" even though I have a CD in the machine. This is a store bought CD
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried cleaning the laser lens of the Panasonic?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

If the cleaning was not corrective, then it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No...I to take it somewhere for repair
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

I understand and the primary suspect would be the traverse unit or more particularly, its optical pickup has grown weak.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.