Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Why doesn't my new Teac disk tray open?

Customer Question

Why doesn't my new Teac disk tray open?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 2 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answer.

Can you try to press open while listening close to the system and let me know if you hear any motor sound.

Also when was the last time it worked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The unit is brand new. I am setting it up for the first time. When I push the button nothing happens--there is very little sound. Sound is the same when I push any of the buttons--almost nothing. I turn the power off and on--no change.

If the unit is brand new, then, my best suggestion is to return for exchange as you can void manufacturer warranty if you do anything to open the top cover.

If you would like to proceed with troubleshooting, let me know and we can start taking covers off for further troubleshooting.