Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a Micro Component system XL-Mp60 5 CDs model. The 5

Customer Question

I have a Micro Component system XL-Mp60 5 CDs model. The 5 cd are in drawers, which have stop working. I can open the drawers sometime, but laser is not reading the cds. Can this be repair or should I get rid of it. I've had it for quit sometimes. Please advise
Thank Joan Delgado
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Welcome. I am Rusty, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient

website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to

reply to me here...

___________________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can read you fine, had a problem with my laptop
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Ok great. Getting the laser replaced will be a little cheaper than buying a new one, but I'm concerned about the operation of the motor when the radio is on. That shouldn't be operating in that mode, so that indicates an IC is on the fritz. Unplug it, and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Plug it back in, and see if it works any differently.

If it doesn't change, then it's best to replace the system. An IC replacement along with a laser eye can run you about $250 with diagnosis time, parts and labor. Basically if the motor stops acting weird, and the tray starts to function normally, then it will be cost efficient to replace the laser. If it still doesn't work right, it's time to replace the system.

Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Did you see any change? Please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.