Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a DMR-BWT740 connected to my Sony TV. Works just

Customer Question

I have a DMR-BWT740 connected to my Sony TV. Works just fine. I had a D-Link modem for my ADSL line and successfully streamed all on demand TV channels via this modem. When the D-Link malfunctioned I replaced it with a FritzBox 7490, which is much more capable and delivers a stronger ADSL signal to my WAN devices (laptop, mobile phone etc.) However, I cannot get the new modem registered on the DMR-BWT740, despite trying all the documented alternative methods. Any ideas on what I could do?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What methods did you go through to try to register the DMR with the new router please?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried all the documented methods shown on the DMR menu without success. However, when I just tried it again using the WPS option via the quick network setup it worked OK. I now have full network access. Maybe I had wireless transmission interference with the position of the new modem? Anyway, thanks for your response but I won't need your assistance now.
Regards
Geoff