Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert

I have Panasonic Player /DVD, PVD4744 (or 44S) and the

Customer Question

I have Panasonic Player for video/DVD, PVD4744 (or 44S) and the remote doesn't work, so can't play things. I replaced the battery, but the light at the end of the remote doesn't work--is this the problem. (The light at the end of my TV remote doesn't work, but I can still punch in the channel and it works.) Do you have the light for that remote, or must I order a new remote? Please let me know. Thank you. (I have to leave soon to pick up the baby, So this may continue later in the night, or tomorrow.) ***@******.***
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Normally you won't see a light, unless you point it at your phone's camera feature, then you should see it flash in the LCD of your phone. This is how we test remotes. If it doesn't flash, then you'll need to replace the remote. It's not always the light that goes out, and it's cheaper to replace the remote. Click here.

If it does flash on the screen, please let me know, as that can be a deeper problem.