Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Whenever I try to hook up any DVD player to my LG tv it only

Customer Question

Whenever I try to hook up any DVD player to my LG tv it only plays in black and white
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought the TV at Christmas time 2012 and the model is a plasmaTV
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have tried moving around the wires
JA: The video expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV and DVD player connected to it?

- Also how the DVD player hooked to TV? what type of wire and where it is plugged into TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
never mind. if I start pulling out the player it's just going to mess up the wires. go ahead and keep the $5.00. Sorry for wasting your time
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I never asked to pull the wires/ cords from TV or DVD player.

All I need the model numbers of both things and how they connected info to assist you further.