Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I am trying to hook the Roku up with my DirectTv and it is

Customer Question

I am trying to hook the Roku up with my DirectTv and it is not working. Can you give me explicit instructions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The roku is really a separate function/device from directv.

Can you tell me the model of the tv and which roku device you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Roku 3 and LG tv. I got the Roku working with a Mifi, but the expense of streaming with the device is prohibitive... I now have Direct Tv with a Tracvision satellite. I am using a wifi from the marina with an external antenna to boost reception of wifi. Can I hook up the roku with the computer to access the antenna? The antenna came with a CD and is loaded on the computer. I was hoping that I might be able to link the roku with the Direct Tv or the computer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

You cannot do much with your current set of equipment.

If you had a wifi booster or repeater, you could use that to increase the wifi from the marina and connect the roku to that.

The antenna you have (presumably just a high range usb based wifi adapter) for the computer won't benefit the roku in any way here.

IF your roku (not positive exactly which model you have) has an ethernet port, it might be possible to bridge (share) the connection off your computer to the roku.

Otherwise, you'd be better served by getting a wifi booster instead:

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Jackie?