Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert

I received a TEAC TN-300 turntable recently.....I set it up

Customer Question

I received a TEAC TN-300 turntable recently.....I set it up and connected it to my Macbook Pro......I cannot get sound from the record on the turntable to play through computer speakers.......The stylus appears to be moving across the record....The "UBS Audio CODEC" shows up on the system preferences panel.....What am I doing wrong?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Which operating system are you using on your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
El capitan
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Ok, that's definitely supported. You'll need to choose your audio input device in order to switch it from the headphone input.

Open the Input pane of Sound preferences (choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Input). Select the USB audio codec and make it your default device. As long as that is selected, you should be able to hear your turntable. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried that....unfortunately, I have to go out.....I will try this again tomorrow and get back to you.....
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Did it remain selected? Click here. This is going to be the easiest way. Phono to USB doesn't gain audio quality, a record is analog, and so is the RCA output, so they match. That plugs into your microphone input, and you'll be able to hear it..