Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have a Pansonic S CD changer, a digital Servo system with

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Pansonic S CD changer, a digital Servo system with 5 disc capacity. When I turn it on and push "play", the tray comes out and I can't play the music. Even when I disconnect, and connect the power again, rhe disc tray comes right out. This component aldo has a tape player and that works fine. Can you help?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have to try that. But I have to buy a cleaner.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

No problem, take your time. You may follow up with me here at any time if you need more help.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Haven't had a chance to try your suggestion. Just went out to buy a can of air spray!
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

No problem, take your time, I'll be here if you should need more help.