Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

The disc drive does not work.

Customer Question

The disc drive does not work.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Which disc drive do you have a problem with? in what computer or device is it located/installed?

Did it work formerly?

(And if so, formerly before what happened or was done?)

Restarting the system, and seeing if it works, then re-seating the cables, is one way to basically approach this sort of problem. But it all depends upon what sort of drive, and in what machine or computer or system... so please tell me. And I will advise you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saw that you were going to advise me and I'd have to do the work on the computer. That was not going to work for me. I decided to go to Geek squad and they resolved it after 3 hours of attempts online. Ido not need your services. Thank you anyway
Do I still have to pay you?

I have no power, as a JustAnswer Expert, over billing, payments, charges, etc.

You don't have to pay me that I know of, though.

If you have concerns about billing, payment, charges, etc., please contact Customer Support at, through

They will take care of your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for asking your question here at

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem was resolved. I do not need your service. Thanks

You're welcome, Alvin.

I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot rate you since I solved my own problem. I do not plan to use this type of service in the future.
There's is no way you could have solved this issue by my doing the entries while you told me what to do. If the technical took 3 hours to do it I'll connected to my computer, I know we could not have done it.
I plan to call the company to get a refund.

Contact Customer Support at about a refund, by all means - I understand completely.