Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

Toshiba DVR670KU dvd/vcr combo shuts off when you insert a

Customer Question

Toshiba DVR670KU dvd/vcr combo shuts off when you insert a VHS tape.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Have you tried various tapes or just one ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Various Tapes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When you put in a tape it accepts it, then turns off. If you turn it back on it ejects the tape and switches to DVD function.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

O.k then here is something for you to try ;

Insert a tape and press stop immediately so it doesn`t go into play and try the fast forward , let me know if it turns off there

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It does not let me do that. Same thing occurs.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

O.k then there could be a few things that causes this , like a defective loading motor or broken belt , defective reel sensor or take up idler ,the capstan motor could be stuck .

There is a host of reasons why it would do this , there are sensors and mode switch inside that detects the correction position of the tape and correct/adjust it around the video heads the self tests its own reel sensors and if any of those does not pass the test then it shuts off .

This is not just some settings or wiring problem , the vcr`s mechanic and electro mechanic will have to be inspected and measures taken to correct the fault.

Only thing is that you may have a hard time funding a repairman that knows about vcr , you will need to find an old tech. (like me) and then again the cost of repair may be higher than buying a new unit

Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .