Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a rockola 477 max jukebox and the speaker overload

Customer Question

Hi I have a rockola 477 max jukebox and the speaker overload light comes on when record is played and no sound , any ideas on rectification ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When record is selected and starts to play the speaker overload light comes on and there is no sound
JA: Is there anything else the Instrument Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No all other functions work fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Are you intending to carry out the repair yourself?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure ? Do you have a remedy ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I thought I should add something, to help provide the right answer to your question.

The Speaker Overload (and the lack of sound output) almost certainly indicates an output short.

Or, an overload of the audio output circuitry.

Check for

1. a crossed wire, loose wire that could cross, etc.

2. a shorted speaker. Hard to check for, really, but disconnecting the speaker and seeing the condition be relieved will prove it, simply.

3. more difficult: output circuitry from the audio section. You'll need electronics skills to find the shorted component... indeed, it may take some skill to just find the audio output section, but obviously, the speaker wires will lead to it, Voila'.

Perhaps I could add other advice, but I think I'll leave it at that for now. If you need further advice, or want a referral to a jukebox repair pro in your region, let me know in any case, please.

(And if this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)